Monday, April 20, 2009

Web 2.0 tools

Right now I am reading a book by Clara Shih entitled The Facebook Era...this just reinforces my feeling that we are now entering an era of great social change driven by social networking tools such as facebook. Social networking will change not only how we use technology to interact and communicate but also how we interact and communicate face to face. There is a change occurring in the world..are you ready? How do you feel about it?

Didn't do much in Second Life over the weekend ...live music events really have me hooked and I stumbled across Dexter Moore...this guy is a great talent..I had to buy a CD. I can't wait to listen to it in my treks across South Dakota.

Another great up and coming talent playing at Rythym Park (I think) if I am wrong about the name of the venue I will correct that...he is there on Sundays..Fabius Aries ( I think) ...plan your fun using the events calendar from Second LIfe's website. I thought maybe traffic on SL would slow down now that Spring is spring up ..but I think last night was the highest number of people I have sen in-world at one time 86,000 and I thought I had read somewhere that 80000 was all that could be in world at one time. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. Find info on Fabius here: http://fabiusaries.weebly.com/


Still working on assessment ...need to get focused on this important issue.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention. Hope you enjoy the book!

    If you're interested, the book website has related video clips, articles, and my blog.

    Cheers,
    Clara Shih
    thefacebookera.com

    ReplyDelete